Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia - E.L. Doctorow

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Day After...

Firstly, I would just like to thank everyone for wishing me a happy birthday. Seeing the followers box starting to fill up is great. Thanks again everyone. If I ever hit 50 followers I will hold a contest to show you all my appreciation.

Secondly, my birthday! I had a great afternoon/night with my girlfriends. Nothing flash since it was my 19th, just a nice night out. Dinner flowed by a movie. But, not just any movie, "The Rocky Horror Picture Show". One of my all time favourite movies. I just love it! We saw it at the old Regent theatre, which is unfortunately going to be demolished for a stupid business building. Like we need more of them in the city. The theatre reminds me a lot of the Phantom of the Opera's theatre. If I had the money I would buy it myself and never see it torn down, but I don't :(

And this is just inside one of the 4 theatres. The foyer is just one big piece of art work. It should really be an historic landmark.

Now for something more uplifting. Two of my favourite songs from the "Rocky Horror Picture Show".





I'm looking forward to buying lots of books with my birthday money. Uni holidays are this July! So, lots of reading and writing will ensue. Exams are next week. Ekk! Study time.

7 comments:

  1. Love Rocky Horror - haven't seen it in years and years. Did you bring all the paraphenalia - last time I went we had bags of stuff to throw and 'toast' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Happy belated birthday! Hope you had cake on my behalf ;)

    So ahamed to admit I've never seen Rocky Horror, man... It's on my to-do list, so there's still hope for me.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that theatre DOES look like Phantom's! And happy belated birthday. Thanks for stopping by my place so that I could find yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, it's such a beautiful theater! How dare they tear it down! D:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday!
    I forget how good Tim Curry looks as a transvestite. :/
    Nice to meet you, and thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey everyone, thanks for stopping by. Sorry to say Jemi, but we had no paraphenalia. We had lots of fun though.

    Nice to meet you Amparo, Jackee, and Lydia, thanks for stopping by. Oh, Amparo you have to find the time to watch Rocky horror! You will not be disapointed.

    Yes Amanda it is a really beautiful theatre. Though the city council won't do anything about it being torn down. It's a shame. I think it closes on June 14th.

    Also thanks for the late birthday wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to celebrate your b-day! Great to see that you had a happy one :)

    ReplyDelete