Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia - E.L. Doctorow

Friday, June 25, 2010

50 Followers Contest...

THANK-YOU FOLLOWERS, I have reached 50! The magic number. And as promised a contest. This is a contest about great books. Your favourite books that inspire you to want to be a better writer, or made you want to write.

The Rules:

1. You must be a follower of the blog to enter.
2. You can only be entered in the draw once.
3. Enter by making a comment on this blog post telling me what your favourite book is. You will not be judged on what your favourite book is, the contest winner will be picked at random.

The Prize - The choice of either one of my favourite books. Each of these books left me amazed and hopefully one of them can do the same for you.

- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

- Graceling by Kristin Cashore

- Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey

The contest will close on Monday 28th at 6pm, Brisbane, Australia time. I will leave a comment when the contest is finished.

The contest winner will be notified personally, and also put up on the blog.

Goodluck!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching the big 5-0!! My favorite book? I dunno but I've read the harry potter series over and over again before each movie so its pretty high up there:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all your followers! It's hard to pick just one favorite, but my latest favorite book is Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 51 followers now. Congratulations! :)

    God, my favorite book... I have so many... Maybe "Out" by Natsuo Kirino?

    Nice of you to hold such a contest! Any of those books would make great prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!:)

    I have so many fave books. I'll go with Raymond' Chandler's, The Long Goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on reaching the 50+ follower milestone! It's tough picking a favorite book but I'll go with The Sisters. It's a fun read and I usually pull it out once a year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I have so many favorites!! Jane Eyre. Yes, that would have to be the one. I'd love for you to follow me as well! I'm a newbie on blogger, but not to blogs. Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The contest is now over! Goodluck everyone :)

    ReplyDelete